They say it's darkest before the dawn. 2018 was a very dark time in my life and 2019 was definitely a new dawn. Some of the highlights of my year were:
- helping start Idaho College of the Societas Rosicruciana in Civitatibus Foederatis (SRICF);
- at the Grand York Rite sessions, receiving the Knight Commander of the Temple, and presiding as Most Excellent Grand High Priest and Pre-Eminent Governor;
- being baptized sub conditione in the Apostolic Johannite Church and officially joining the Oblates of the Temple and St. John;
- knighting seven new members of the Valiant and Magnanimous Order of the Temple;
- and, at the 2019 SRICF High Council meeting, being advanced to the Third Order and received the VIII° and IX°, the highest honor of my Masonic career.
As 2019 draws to a close, I'm spending the night with old friends and partying in the New Year. I look forward to 2020 with a lot of Masonic Rosicrucianism, lots of York Rite Masonry (particularly Cryptic Masonry), and a lot of work with the Committee on Masonic Research and Education.